sunnuntai 22. kesäkuuta 2014

254

I want my fucking heart back.
I’m sick of writing poetry
about how my heart escaped
and somehow found it’s way
into your waiting hands.

I keep writing
and writing
and writing.

Every goddamn poem
is about you
and I’m sick of it.
I’m sick of all these memories
that resurface
as vividly as the day we made them.
Every goddamn day.

Every time I write
I can never write about anyone else.
It’s always you
and I can’t seem to move on
from the way your eyes melted brown
when they met mine
or the bitter taste
you left in my mouth
from our last kiss.

You made poetry into something
I have no choice
but to turn to
in order to somehow
bleed you out of my system.

I hate it.

I hate that you’ve made poetry
a written account
of how badly I’ve fallen apart
since you stole my heart
and never gave it back.

I just want my heart back
but you’ve taken it
and I don’t know what to do
except write about
how badly I wish
my chest would stop aching
from the emptiness
you left
whenever your name comes up
in conversation.

It feels as if
the only way
for my ability to write
to come back
is to have someone else
steal my heart.

I just want my fucking heart back
but it seems
to have no intention
of ever returning.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

(humalaiset sanat ovat selväpäisiä ajatuksia)